Latest Humble Bundle Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Doggo wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:19 pm Not sure why but Cherry Audio have failed to win over the kvr mob. But the DreamSynth is worth the bundle price itself.
Cherry's synths come set at 1x oversampling by default and to be honest, none of them sound good to me either on that setting (as others have said, that is in context of then comparing it to other synths and the others sounding better). So, I'd assume a lot of people demo them without going into the settings and changing the oversampling level, and base their opinion of the sound on that. Even Diva's lowest setting has 2x oversampling and you can get 4x even on the 3rd out of the 4 settings.

Even at 2x and 3x, I still find Cherry stuff lacking in a lot of situations. If I could use them at 4x however, I would use them a lot. Unfortunately, on that setting, on my i7 I get the worst CPU hit I've ever encountered with any synth, and I've got or previously had pretty much any synth that commonly get complaints about high CPU usage. Even empty projects with a single instance, there are way too many patches that on their own are enough to hit 80-90% CPU.
"Like toilet paper, we're on a roll."

Return to “Instruments”